Connecting Purpose to Everyday Life
Who We Are
Spotlight Church was planted in 2012 as a new congregation of the Central Canada District of The Wesleyan Church Founding Pastor, Rev Aaron Birtch served until February 2017. In May 2017, Rev Mark Parker moved to Stratford to become the Lead Pastor.
Experience life in Jesus Christ with us – follow these Steps to Faith
At Spotlight church we’re all about connecting purpose to
Rev. Mark Parker – Pastor
Mark felt God call him to a life of ministry when he was 18 years old. He went to Kingswood University in Sussex, New Brunswick where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Religion. Mark has served as lead pastor of various churches for over 26 years, including one he planted in Kemptville, Ontario. Since 2010, Mark has served as the Director of Church Planting for the Central Canada District of The Wesleyan Church. He continues to serve in this role as well as being the pastor of Spotlight Church since 2017. Mark is Chairman of the Board of Directors for World Hope International (Canada) and serves on occasion as an adjunct professor for Kingswood University. He is a certified coach and has a life long commitment to learning and to leading others to serve with excellence.
Mark has been married to his wife, Helen, for 30 years and together they have had the joy of raising three great children – two sons and a daughter. The family grew with the addition of a daughter-in-law, and now Mark and Helen are enjoying the thrill of being Grammy and Grampy!
Our Vision & Mission
Spotlight Church exists to live by faith, to be known by love, and to be guided by God’s purposes.
The following is a “snapshot” of the preferred future of Spotlight Church under the leadership of the Holy Spirit…
1. WE DREAM to be a church where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated, and the lonely can find love, acceptance, forgiveness, encouragement, and practical help
2. WE DREAM to intentionally be a multi-generational, multi-cultural, and multi-ethnic church. We desire to be a place where both the quiet and the lively worshipper can come together in unity.
3. WE DREAM of reaching
4. WE DREAM of launching at least 5 new churches with one in Goderich, St. Mary’s, Northern London, New Hamburg, and Kitchener–Waterloo.
5. WE DREAM of 500 fully committed members who are loving, learning, laughing and serving together in harmony, regardless of our differences.
6. WE DREAM of starting a Leadership Ministry Centre that will be a prime location for those in ministry to refresh their pastoral training; for ministerial students to participate in Spotlight’s Residency programs; and for lay people to be empowered with basic ministry training.
7. WE DREAM of sending out short-term mission teams bi-annually and 5 long-term (career) missionaries by 2025.
8. WE DREAM of a Creative Arts Program that emphasizes the multitude of ways in which we can communicate the gospel using the arts. A CAP can also train a new generation of artists who are willing to compete without compromising their biblical values.
Local Church Centered
Unity In Diversity
If you'd like to receive periodic news and updates from our team, please subscribe to our E-news. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of our emails. We respect your privacy and will not share your information with anyone.